Published on November 3rd, 2017 | by William Charles6
[YMMV] Capital One $200 Money Market Account Bonus
Please note the fine print states: You must have received an email or mail piece directly from Capital One with a promotional code. This hasn’t been enforced in the past, but people are still waiting on their bonuses from the last promotion.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide, but does contain targeted language (not enforced in the past)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Mixed
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- Capital One is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a 360 Money Market account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code SAVE200
- Deposit $10,000 or more by December 31st, 2017
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $200 bonus, deposit at least $10,000.00 from a non-Capital One account no later than 12/31/2017 11:59 p.m., E.T.
- You must have received an email or mail piece directly from Capital One with a promotional code.
- If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other new account opening offer, and is strictly non-transferable. This offer is not valid for multiple accounts.
- If you quality for a bonus, Capital One will deposit the bonus money into your account within 60 days of completing the above conditions.
- Once it’s deposited, the funds will be available immediately. Account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees and there is also no early account termination fee.
Cumulative deposits have worked previously to trigger the $10,000 bonus requirement (e.g depositing & withdrawing $1,000 10 times has worked). They did offer a bonus recently that only required a deposit of $1,000 instead of $10,000. There is also no minimum deposit length which is nice. Personally I’d recommend waiting a bit as at the moment it seems like maybe they did start enforcing the targeted language in the last promotion, but maybe they just haven’t posted any bonuses for that yet. For now I won’t be adding this to the list of the best saving accounts bonuses.
Hat tip to Danny Deal Guru
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times