Published on March 31st, 2017 | by William Charles10
[WI & IL Only] Heritage Credit Union $100 In Branch Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live or work in the following areas: IL (Boone, Jo Daviess, Knox, Lake, McHenry, Stephenson, Warren, or Winnebago) or WI (Barron, Chippewa, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Iowa, Lincoln, Milwaukee, Oneida, Ozaukee, Price, Racine, Rusk, Sauk, Taylor, Washington, or Waukesha, or within 25 miles of Sheldon or 15 miles of Chetek)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+
- Additional requirements: Open in branch
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2016 December 31st, 2016May 31st, 2017
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you present your coupon (available online) and receive a direct deposit of $100 within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- All offers subject to qualified credit.
- New members: subject to member eligibility and an initial deposit of $25 into a primary savings account, which must remain open for 12 months. Coupon must be presented by September 30, 2016, and prior to opening the account.
- Qualifying accounts must be opened within 30 days after presenting coupon.
- Cannot use multiple offers on same product.
- Promotions can change or end at any time.
- Each coupon may be used once per individual member account.
- Bonus may be taxable as income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Heritage employees and their immediate families are not eligible. Void if expired, altered, reproduced or photocopied. Must not have had an open Heritage checking account in the 6 months prior to opening new account.
- $100 will be credited to your Heritage primary share account within 30 days of receipt of your first direct deposit of $100 or more into a new qualifying checking account.
- Direct deposit must be received within 30 days of opening new checking account and cannot be transferred from another Heritage account.
- Federally insured by NCUA. Equal Housing Opportunity Lender.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The best account to open would be the free checking account with no monthly fees. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not.
Bit annoying you have to open this one in branch and it’s only a $100 bonus. Probably not one of the better bonuses due to those facts, although at least it’s a soft pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to Maximizing Money