Published on September 27th, 2017 | by William Charles309
Wells Fargo $300 In Branch Business Checking Bonus
Reposting as the bonuses are posting quite quickly. If you’re interested in doing this bonus I’d recommend doing it sooner rather than later.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: In branch only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $500 within 60 days of account opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports
- Credit card funding: Can normally fund $50 online, not sure what in branch funding is like but I imagine it’s not available.
- Monthly fees: $14
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- Wells Fargo is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Business Choice or Platinum Business checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Get bonus code and visit a branch to open your account ($25 minimum opening deposit)
- Deposit a cumulative total of $500 into the new business checking account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Eligibility: Wells Fargo Business Choice or Platinum Business Checking account are the eligible accounts for this offer.Unique offer code can only be used once.
Provide one-time, unique bonus offer code to banker at account opening.
- You cannot be: A current owner on a business checking account. A Wells Fargo team member. The recipient of a business checking bonus in the past 12 months (Limit one bonus per customer)
- Bonus Qualifications: Open a new, Business Choice or Platinum Business Checking Account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 in a branch by December 31, 2017.Within 60 days of the account opening, deposit a cumulative total of $500 into the new business checking account.
- Offer cannot be: Paid without providing a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W9) Combined with any other business deposit offer Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred or traded
- Bonus Payment:
- We will deposit the bonus into your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and requirements have been met. You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus, and we will report the bonus amount as income to the applicable tax authorities as required by law.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Business Choice Checking $14 Monthly Fee
This is the easier of the accounts to keep fee free. It has a monthly fee of $14 that is waived if you do any one of the following:
- Maintain a $7,500 average ledger balance
- $10,000 in combined balances (business checking, savings, CDs, and credit)
- 10 or more posted business debit card purchases/payments. This includes posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills from this checking account. This does not include transactions at an ATM
- Linked to a Direct Pay service through Wells Fargo Business Online Banking
- Qualifying transactions from a linked Wells Fargo Merchant Services account
- Qualifying transactions from a linked Wells Fargo Business Payroll Services account
You’re also not charged the monthly fees for the first 60 days/two statement cycles.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Pretty incredible deal considering you only need to deposit $500. It’s slightly harder to keep the account fee free but 10 business debit card transactions a month is enough to get it done (read here for ideas on how to easily meet this requirement). This is definitely getting added to our best business checking bonuses page. Please make sure you share your datapoints on what types of business documents they require (Wells Fargo lists what is required here) and the process involved in signing up. I wouldn’t leave this one long as I can’t see it lasting until the end of the year, but that’s really more of a guess than anything else.
Big thanks to reader, JASON who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications