Published on October 8th, 2017 | by William Charles45
[VA only] Union Bank & Trust $100 Checking Bonus
Offer is back and valid until November 18th, 2017 now. Hat tip to reader Humberto de Richmond
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must reside in Virgina
- Direct deposit required: $500+ (must be recurring)
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, not inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25
- Expiration date:
December 30th, 2016 May 31st, 2017 June 30th, 2017November 18th, 2017
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a new free checking account with Union Bank & Trust and complete the following:
- Set up one monthly recurring direct deposit that is received two times in your account within 60 days of account opening date.
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for $100 cash bonus, you must (1) open any Union personal checking account by November 18th, 2017, AND (2) set up one recurring qualified direct deposit in which two direct deposits are received within 60 days of account opening.
- A qualified direct deposit is a direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other eligible regular monthly income, electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into your new checking account.
- Cash bonus is only available to new Union Bank & Trust customers that do not currently have a personal checking account with us.
- May not be combined with any other offer.
- Offer may be withdrawn without notice.
- Customers must reside in Commonwealth of Virginia.
- All accounts are subject to approval.
- $100 Cash Bonus Payment: $100 cash bonus will be credited to your checking account within 30 days after terms of offer are met.
- Your checking account must be in good standing at time of payment to receive cash bonus award.
- Cash bonus value will be reported to IRS as taxable income.
The free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. According to the fee schedule you’ll be charged an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Offer is significantly better than it was before as you can open online and there is no monthly fee to worry about. Still by no means the best checking sign up bonus, but better than it previously was especially with the credit card funding. As always share your data points in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon & Gadget who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank