Published on February 7th, 2017 | by William Charles21
Univest $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required [PA only]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: PA only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 12 months, $20
- Expiration date: April 28th, 2017
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Open a new blue or gold checking account with Univest at their new Chalfont branch or online with Chalfont150 promo code and receive a bonus of $150 when you meet one of the following requirements:
- Establish 3 months of direct deposit government, payroll, annuity or pension checks OR
- Make 3 separate bill payments to 3 different payees (excluding individuals) per month for 3 months
The Fine Print
To qualify for the $150 bonus you must open and be approved for a new Blue or Gold Checking Account between January 30, 2017 and April 28, 2017.
Account can be opened at the Chalfont Financial Center (195 East Butler Ave, Chalfont) or online with an initial deposit of funds coming from a source other than Univest Bank and Trust Co. or one of its affiliates.
To receive this offer online, you must enter promo code Chalfont150 at time of application.
To receive the $150 bonus, within 90 days of account opening you must establish three (3) months of direct deposit of government, payroll, annuity or pension checks; or make three (3) separate Univest online bill payments to three (3) different payees (excluding individuals) per month for three (3) months.
The bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within three (3) months of meeting one of the requirements.
Account must remain open for a minimum of 12 months to avoid a $20 early closing fee.
Offer is subject to change without notice.
Bonus is not available to existing Univest checking account customers, customers who received an account-related bonus within the last calendar year or employees of Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania and its affiliates.
Bonus is subject to 1099 INT reporting for year in which received. Member FDIC.
There is an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 12 months of account opening. The blue checking account does not have any monthly fees to worry about.
Not worth considering now that it is confirmed as a hard pull.
They are currently offering the same $150 bonus for another branch opening, what’s interesting about this bonus is that it can be opened online (usually you need to go in branch). They have also offered a $250 bonus in the past. I really like this bonus as direct deposit isn’t required and there is no monthly fee to worry about, you need to make sure your on top of the bill payments though as those requirements are stricter than usual. If anybody applies for this outside of PA or the Chalfont area, please let us know if you’re successful in the comments or not. We will likely be adding this to our best checking promo page as well.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank