Published on January 14th, 2017 | by William Charles4
Univest $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required [Hamilton Crossings, PA Branch Only]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Account must be opened at the Hamilton Crossings Financial Center (5089 Hamilton Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18106)
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull:Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 12 months, $20
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2017
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Open a new blue or gold checking account with Univest at their new Hamilton crossings branch and receive a bonus of $150 when you meet one of the following requirements:
- Establish 3 months of direct deposit government, payroll, annuity or pension checks OR
- Make 3 separate bill payments to 3 different payees (excluding individuals) per month for 3 months
The Fine Print
To qualify for the $150 bonus you must open and be approved for a new Blue or Gold Checking Account between 11/16/2016 and 02/28/2017.
Account must be opened at the Hamilton Crossings Financial Center (5089 Hamilton Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18106) with an initial deposit of funds coming from a source other than Univest Bank and Trust Co. or one of its affiliates.
To receive the $150 bonus, within 90 days of account opening you must establish 3 months of direct deposit of government, payroll, annuity or pension checks; or make 3 separate bill payments to 3 different payees (excluding individuals) per month for 3 months.
The bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 3 months of meeting one of the requirements. Account must remain open for a minimum of 12 months to avoid a $20 early closing fee.
Offer is subject to change without notice.
Bonus is not available to existing Univest checking account customers, customers who received an account-related bonus within the last calendar year or employees of Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania and its affiliates.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 12 months of account opening. The blue checking account does not have any monthly fees to worry about.
This is a pretty good bonus if you live near a branch, they have offered a $250 bonus in the past. The fact that it doesn’t required any direct deposit or have any monthly fees to worry about is fantastic. We will add it to our top checking account promo page, but I suspect most people won’t live close enough to the branch for it to be worth it.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank