Published on May 19th, 2014 | by William Charles7
[Expired][TX only] TDECU $150 New Checking Account Promotion + Another $150 For Refinancing Your Auto Loan
[Expired: This deal has now expired. View current offers here]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Texas only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100. Unsure as to what constitutes a direct deposit
- Additional requirements: See below for auto loan requirements
- Hard/soft pull: HARD
- Credit card funding: No
- Monthly fees: $0
- Early account termination fee: $0
- Expiration date: May 30th, 2014
- Open a new TDECU checking account and add a recurring direct deposit of $100 or more and receive $150
- Receive another $150 if you refinance your auto loan with TDECU
The Fine Print
- Valid Until May 30th, 2014
- TDECU membership required. To join you must live, work or worship in one of the listed zip codes and open the account with a minimum of $5. [TX only]
- Direct deposit must be established within 60 days of account opening
- Bonus will be paid the month after the recurring direct deposit has been established
- To receive the refinance auto loan bonus you must also complete the checking account requirements
- Minimum auto loan refinance is $3,000 to qualify for the promotion
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
All rates & fees can be found here. This account doesn’t have any monthly fees associated with it. There also doesn’t seem to be any early account closure fee associated with this account.
This is a pretty decent deal, especially if you can refinance your auto loan to pick up the additional $150 and presumably a lower APR on that loan. Unfortunately we’re unsure if opening this account is a hard or soft credit pull and what constitutes a direct deposit.
If I lived in the service area, I’d probably give this deal a go if I could confirm it’s a soft credit pull. Unfortunately I don’t live in the service area so I won’t be taking advantage of this offer. If you do decide to take advantage, let us know in the comments any additional information you find out.
This account has been added to our master list of checking account sign up promotions, due to the limited service area it didn’t make the best of list.