Published on August 9th, 2015 | by William Charles4
[TX Only] JSC Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Promotion
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school Houston, Galveston County, or Texas City. You can also join if you work for one of the 2,000+ partners or if an immediate family member is already a member of JSC Federal Credit Union.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Visa debit, eStatements & home banking
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you sign up for a free checking account from JSC Federal Credit Union and use the promotional code SUNNY100 online or in branch. You must also complete the following requirements:
- Set up direct deposit (no minimum specified)
- Set up a Visa debit card
- Set up home banking & eStatements
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit requirement must be meet within 60 days of account opening
- $100 bonus will be deposited after the first direct deposit is received (allow up to three weeks)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if an early account termination fee is charged – but considering there are no monthly fees it’s probably a good idea to keep the account open for at least 6 months to avoid this possibility.
This bonus would be a lot more interesting if we knew it was a soft pull and it was possible to fund with a credit card, that could be the case but at the moment we simply don’t know. We’ve added it to our list of bank bonuses, but you can check out our recommended bank bonuses in the mean time while we try to find more information.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money