Published on August 30th, 2015 | by William Charles8
[Expired][TN only] F&M Bank Offering $250 Checking Bonus In Branch
This offer has now expired, you can view more bonuses here.
Reposting this due to the fact we now know it’s a soft pull to open.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branches are Tennessee. Branches are in Clarksville, Springfield, Greenbrier, Dover, Bumpus Mills, Lebanon, Mt. Juliet, White House, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, and Cookeville.
- Direct deposit required: Optional, $500+ for two months (+$200)
- Additional requirements: Open with minimum deposit of $200 (+$50)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown, unlikely due to in branch requirement
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date:
June 20th, 2015 July 31st, 2015None specified
- F&M Bank is offering a sign up bonus of up to $250 on any of their checking account, the bonus is broken down as follows:
- $50 for opening any checking account with a minimum deposit of $200. Bonus will be deposited at the time of opening
- $100 for setting up a recurring direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening. Bonus will be posted within 30 days of receiving the initial direct deposit
- $100 for receiving your second direct deposit of $500 or more. Will be deposited within 30 days after the second direct deposit.
The Fine Print
- Direct deposits are payroll check, pension or social security check
- Limit of one bonus per household, cannot be combined with any other offer
- Not available to existing F&M checking customers or previous customers that have closed their accounts within the last 12 months
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
According to their fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $25 if you closed your account within 90 days of opening. If your checking account is dormant for twelve months or more you’ll also be charged a $5 per month fee.
F&M bank currently has four checking accounts that qualify for this bonus:
- Smart E-Checking: No monthly fee
- Express Checking: No monthly fee
- VIP Interest Checking: $8 per month, waiveable
- Choice Interest Checking: $15 per month, waiveable
This is a nice big bonus and the requirements aren’t too difficult to meet. The downside is that you have to go in branch to open the account. If you live near a branch I’d recommend this bonus, otherwise it’s not worth going out of your way for.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money