Published on August 17th, 2016 | by William Charles164
[Expired]TIAA Direct $150 Checking Bonus – Nationwide
Unfortunately this offer has expired, you can view more offers that are great by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, direct deposits totaling $2,500 within 90 days of account opening
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2016
- Open a new TIAA direct checking account with the promotional code CK76DD150 and receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you:
- Receive one or more qualifying direct deposits totalling at least $2,500 from the same source within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- This offer is available for a new TIAA Direct Interest Checking account, applied for online or by calling 844-567-8932 using promotion code CK76DD150.
- Only one (1) offer is available per customer.
- It may not be combined with any other offers from TIAA Direct and is not available to existing checking customers.
- IAA Direct will credit a $150 bonus to a new Interest Checking account if the account is opened by 9/30/2016 and one or more qualifying direct deposits totaling at least $2,500 from the same source is/are credited to that account within 90 days of its open date.
- Qualifying direct deposits may include payroll, pension or Social Security checks electronically deposited; funds transfers and checks deposited by mobile device or mail do not constitute direct deposits
- You are required to pay taxes on all bank account bonuses
There is no monthly minimum balance requirement and no monthly fee for the interest checking account. The interest rate is tiered depending on how much you have in the account, but it’s capped at 0.15% so it’s not worth keeping funds in this account. There is no mention of an early account termination fee, but you’ll need to keep the account open until the bonus posts.
This is a great nationwide bonus and we’ve added it to our best checking bonus list. I always love seeing nationwide bonuses, fingers crossed the direct deposit requirement isn’t hard to meet. Please share your experiences with this bonus and bank in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to reader UFO and Joe S