Published on June 4th, 2017 | by William Charles11
[Expired] [Pima County, AZ only] TruWest Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Pima County, AZ residents only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000? (Visa/Mastercard only)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 31st, 2017
- Open a new TruWest checking account and receive $500 in aggregate direct deposits within 60 days of account opening and receive a $250 checking bonus
- You’re also entered to win $2,500
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from May 15, 2017 to July 31, 2017, for Pima County residents and subject to change without notice.
- Must be a TruWest member with a minimum of $5 deposit for $250.
- Must have a TruWest checking account with $500 aggregate in direct deposits effective within 60 days after opening account.
- $250 will be deposited into new member’s checking account after first direct deposit, within 60 days of account opening.
- If member does not have an initiated direct deposit within 60 days of account opening, member is ineligible for the Promotion.TruWest membership not required for entries.
- No purchase necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age and a U.S. resident to participate.
- Promotion period 5/15/17 through 7/31/17.
- Contact the credit union at (855) 878-9378 or write to us at TruWest Credit Union, “Pima County New Member Giveaway”, PO Box 3489, Scottsdale, AZ 85271 to obtain a complete copy of the official rules for this promotion.
- Click here for complete terms and conditions.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their choice checking account does not have any monthly fees to worry about. There is a $10 early account termination fee if the account is closed within 90 days of account opening.
Hard pull makes this bonus unattractive, but it might still be worth considering if you can still fund it up to $5,000 and that codes as a purchase instead of a cash advance (using a 2% card would net you another $100 tax free). In my opinion getting a hard pull for $100 tax free and $250 taxed is worth it. Shame that the $250 bonus is so geographically restricted. We will be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications