Published on April 15th, 2017 | by William Charles37
[Expired] [OK & TX only] First United Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Oklahoma & Texas only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Yes, up to $200. Visa, Mastercard & Discover accepted.
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $10, 60 days
- Household limit: One every two years
- Expiration date: May 11th, 2017
- First United Bank is offering a checking bonus of $100 when you use the promo code WiseChecking and complete the following requirements:
- Set up direct deposit
- Use your debit card more than 10 times
- Sign up for eStatements
- Contact bank within 60 days of completing activities
The Fine Print
- $100 minimum opening deposit required.
- $100 bonus is for setting up direct deposit, using your debit card more than 10 times and signing up for e-statements.
- Bonus will be credited to the checking account within 10 business days of bank notification that activities have been completed.
- Bonus is subject to 1099-INT reporting.
- Customer must contact the bank within 60 days of completing activities.
- Limit 1 bonus per household every 2 years. Subject to change without notice.
- First United employees and immediate family members are not eligible.
- Offer expires May 11, 2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account comes with a $3.5 fee that is waived if you do any of the following:
- Sign up for eStatements OR
- Set up direct deposit on the account OR
- Have $10,000 total combined deposit balance
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not. Update: According to this comment it is $10 if closed within 60 days.
Hard to comment on this bonus when we know nothing about the bank at all. If anybody goes for it then please share your data points in the comments below. Otherwise you can browse what we think are the best checking bonuses by clicking here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications