Published on June 13th, 2017 | by William Charles14
[OK, CO, TX, NM] BOKF $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
There are actually four banks offering this bonus, all of them are divisions of BOKF. The offers are:
- Bank of Albuquerque
- Bank of Oklahoma
- Bank of Texas
- Colorado State Bank and Trust
Only Bank of Texas has the coupon code on their site. But this can be used at all of the above banks branches.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: In branch only. Location tracker:
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Direct deposit of 10 debit card transactions of $10+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 30th, 2017
- Open a new checking account and receive a bonus of $150 when you complete the following requirements:
- Print the coupon or show it on your mobile device
- Complete one of the following within 60 days of opening:
- Active a direct deposit of at least $250
- Make 10 debit card purchases ($10 minimum per purchase)
The Fine Print
- $150 offer is valid for personal checking accounts opened at a banking center on 5/1/17 through 12/30/17. Offer is not available for account opened online, on account conversions, is not applicable to Student or Employee Checking accounts, and is limited to households that do not currently maintain a personal checking account.
- Accounts are subject to our standard eligibility and documentation requirements.
- $50 minimum opening deposit balance required.
- Bonus will not be considered part of the minimum opening deposit. Bonus cash is considered interest and is reportable on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Limit one (1) per household.
- The $150 will be deposited ten (10) days after the conditions noted below have been met, if the account is open, active and in good standing.
- Requirements: Checking account must remain open for a minimum of six (6) months or the $150 will be debited from account during closing transaction. One of the following must be completed within sixty (60) days of account opening date: a. Set up a $250 recurring direct deposit such as Social Security, Pension or Payroll. Each recurring direct deposit must be a minimum of $250. b. Complete 10 eligible Debit Card transactions of at least $10.00 per transaction. ATM transactions are not eligible.
- We reserve the right to disqualify Debit Card transactions in circumstances where we reasonably believe they were not made in good faith.Banker Instructions: To process offer, select Notice Code “Online Checking Bonus” Notice Code in TPSS. Once qualifying conditions have been met, bonus will automatically be credited to the new checking account within ten (10) business days. Does not apply to Student or Employee Checking accounts.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Access checking seems to be the easiest account to waive the monthly fee on. It has a $5.95 monthly fee and this is waived with eStatements and by using self service channels. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee charged or not.
Good bonus if you live in the area as it looks to be a soft pull and direct deposit isn’t a requirement. Also isn’t difficult to keep the account fee free. I will be adding this to our best checking promotions page, click here to view that.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications