Published on March 28th, 2017 | by William Charles25
[OK & MO only] Central Bank $150 Checking Bonus – No Requirements For Bonus!
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for checking & $50 for savings (phone might shower a lower bonus, make sure to load on desktop). Bonus is only $125 for MO residents.
- Availability: OK & MO only, If you don’t live within 50 miles of a branch you won’t be eligible for the offer (it’ll let you sign up and then they will later close your account) [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $1,000 with a credit card. Mastercard & Visa are accepted
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 31st, 2017
- Central Bank is offering bonuses of up to $150, broken down as follows:
- Receive $100 when you MyChoice Checking Account powered by Checknology with promo code MyChoice
- Receive an additional $50 when you open a SaveUpSM Savings Account WITH your MyChoice Checking with promo code SaveUp
The Fine Print
- Minimum to open MyChoice Checking account is $50. No minimum balance required to receive incentive for MyChoice Checking.
- Incentive for opening MyChoice Checking is $100 and account must be funded to receive incentive.
- Minimum to open SaveUp Savings account is $250. Incentive for SaveUp Savings is $50. SaveUp Savings must be opened at the same time as the MyChoice Checking account and MyChoice Checking and SaveUp Saving must be funded to receive SaveUp incentive.
- Incentive(s) are reported to the IRS as interest. All incentives will be deposited to the MyChoice Checking account within ten business days after the account is funded.
- Available to new checking account customers only.
- If checking account is closed within first 90 days a fee may be imposed.
- Online accounts using an offer code may only be redeemed by the intended recipient and are non-transferable.
- Eligibility for this offer will be verified prior to providing the bonus.
- One offer per household. We reserve the right to not open accounts for customers outside our market area.
- Not all offers are available at all affiliates of Central Bancompany.
- Promotion ends 10/31/2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The MyChoice checking account has a $3 monthly fee, it’s avoidable if you do any of the following:
- Maintain a recurring direct deposit
- Use your debit card at least 10 times for a point of sale transaction
- Keep an average daily balance of at least $500
- Set up a monthly transfer between MyChoice Checking and SaveUpSM Saving
You do need to keep the account open for more than 90 days otherwise you’ll be charged an early account termination fee.
Pretty great bonus if you live within 50 miles of a branch. My only concern is the targeted language in the fine print, I’m not exactly sure if that is targeted or not (and if it’s new to the previous offer they had last year). This won’t be on the best checking sign up bonus page until we know for sure.
Big thanks to reader, Jon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications