Published on September 15th, 2016 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV & Targeted] Huntington Bank $150 Savings Promotion
This is a targeted offer, you’ll need to log in to see if you’re eligible.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia
- Deposit Required: $10,000 for 60 days
- APY: 0.05% to 0.2%
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 6 months
- Expiration date:
October 6th, 2016August 14th, 2017
- Open a new Relationship Savings account with Huntington Bank by October 6th, 2016 and receive a $150 bonus when you deposit $10,000 or more in new funds within 30 days and maintain a balance of $10,000+ for an additional 60 days.
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be deposited within 14 days of meeting the requirements
- Accounts must be open for a minimum of six months or an Early Account Closing Fee will apply.
- Deposits must be new money to Huntington. “New Money” is defined as money that is not currently, or was not previously in the last six months, on deposit in any Huntington account. Transfers from another Huntington deposit account do not qualify.
- Offer is limited to one account per household.
- Remember, for tax purposes you will receive a form 1099-INT from us for your cash bonus.
- As of 8/15/16, the annual percentage yield (APY) for the Huntington Relationship Savings Account standard pricing is 0.05% for all amounts in all rate tiers between $0.01-$99,999,999,999.99. Rates may change as this product is a variable rate product. Fees may reduce earnings.
The relationship savings account has a $10 monthly fee, this is waived with an average daily balance of $2,500 or when linked to a Huntington 5 or 25 checking account. You do need to keep the account open for six months otherwise you’ll be charged a $25 early account termination fee.
The interest rate on this account is 0.05% APY (up to 0.2% with a linked checking account), you’d be forgoing about $15 in interest for 60 days compared to the best basic savings account. This is actually a pretty good bonus if you have $10,000 in cash you can set aside for 60 days. If this was a public offer, we would add it to our list of the best savings account bonuses. Huntington Bank also offer a good checking bonus of $200 (and no direct deposit requirement), just keep in mind that for this savings promo the funds must be new to Huntington.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank