Published on July 25th, 2017 | by William Charles17
[NY only] Reliant Community Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus + $25 Referral Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in Monroe, Ontario, or Wayne counties located in New York State
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum listed
- Additional requirements: eStatements & online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2017 October 31st, 2017December 31st, 2017
- Reliant Commnity Credit Union is offering a sign up bonus of $150 when you meet the following requirements:
- Open online with promo code FALL$150 or in branch
- Sign up for online banking & eStatements
- Receive a direct deposit, no minimum listed.
- You can also refer friends and family. You will receive $25 per person you refer (and they can receive the above bonus). Seems to only apply to in branch openings.
The Fine Print
- For a qualified new member who opens a checking account online or in-branch with online banking, direct deposit and e-statements, $150 will be deposited into that account within 60 days of qualifying direct deposit and account opening.
- Maximum offer $150. To open in branch, the coupon must be completed in full. To open online use promo code SUMMER$150
- . Offer is valid for new Reliant members only; not valid for new youth accounts. Limit one incentive offer per member/account and cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Membership eligibility is required.
- Offer valid through September 30, 2017.
- $25 will be deposited into the referring member’s checking account or other qualifying deposit account within 60 days after the referred member joins Reliant Community Credit Union.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free is the free checking account with no monthly fees. According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee. You do also need to open a savings account and this has a $5 fee if your balance is under $100 (fee waived for first three months).
Seems like a good bonus, fingers crossed they aren’t too strict on the direct deposit requirements. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best bank promotions. As always please share your data points and experiences with this bank below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications