Published on May 19th, 2014 | by William Charles2
[Expired][NY Only]$150 Bonus From Flushing Bank For Setting Up A Checking Account – Direct Deposit No Required
Unfortunately it appears that this deal has now expired. You can view more bank bonuses that haven’t expired here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: NY only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: ?
- Monthly fees: $0
- Early account termination fee: ?
- Expiration date: None specified
- Open a Totally Free Checking account from Flushing Bank and:
- Receive $75 for the completing of 5 debit card purchases, each debit card purchase must be for $25 or more.
- Receive another $75 for completing one of the following
- Complete 5 online banking bill-payments of $25 or more via Flushing’s online banking portal
- Sign up and receive a recurring direct deposit of $250 or more
The Fine Print
- Requirements must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Bonus will be credited on or about 75 days after the account is opened
- New checking accounts with new money only, an existing customer is somebody who has held a Flushing Bank account within the last 24 months.
- Limited to one checking account per household
- Minimum opening requirement of $100
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Totally Free Checking account has no monthly fee associated with it. They don’t publicly disclose their schedule of fees, but we’ve sent them an e-mail for comment.
There is also another $150 offer for NYC employees, but this deal is actually worse than the public offer as it requires you to meet all three requirements rather than just two. Unfortunately this offer is only available to those who reside or work in New York, which I don’t. You also need to apply in person for this deal [branch locator] I won’t be taking advantage of this offer because of that, otherwise I’d jump on this deal if I knew for certain it was a soft credit pull to open.
Here’s how I’d complete the requirements:
- Open account, use a credit card to fund if possible otherwise open it with a minimum amount of $250 (which will be used for the requirements below)
- Complete 5 debit card transactions of $25 or more, purchases that I’d be making anyway.
- Complete 5 bill pays for existing bills I have
- Wait for bonus to post
- Wait 6 months to avoid any possible early account termination fees
- Close account so I can try to complete it in another 24 months time
If you have any additional information please share with us in the comments section. This deal has been added to the state specific checking account bonus page, it didn’t make the best checking account bonus page due to the limited geographical area it’s available in.