Published on April 16th, 2017 | by William Charles7
[NY only] Ballston Spa National Bank (BSNB) In Branch $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: NY only, must open in branch [Branch Locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $400+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Earn $250 when you open a new qualified BSNB (Ballston Spa National Bank) checking account. Requirements are as follows:
- Open a Free Direct Checking, GO Checking, or Premier Checking account
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more at least once per month within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $250 reward, you must open a new Free Direct Checking, GO Checking, or Premier Checking account and receive a direct deposit of a paycheck, pension or government benefit check in an amount of $500 or more at least once per month within 60 days of account opening.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive the cash reward.
- Cash reward paid within 90 days of account opening.
- All cash awards may be subject to 1099 tax reporting.
- This offer may not be combined with any other offer and does not apply to second or multiple checking accounts within the same household or for customers who have closed a checking account within the last 180 days
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
$25 Referral Bonus
Might also be possible to get another $25 via referral bonus. More info here.
The Go Direct checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. According to the fee schedule there is a $20 early account termination fee if the account is closed within 180 days.
Previously they offered a $160 personal checking bonus and they still offer a $240 business checking bonus you could do at the same time if you qualify. This is likely to be a deal worth doing if you live near a branch and if it’s also a soft pull to open the account. As always please share your data points if you decide to go for this bonus.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications