Published on July 6th, 2017 | by William Charles80
[NJ only] Columbia Bank $200 Checking Account Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in the State of New Jersey
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Bill Payment
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $9, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be opened at time of bonus posting
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None
- Open a new Columbia bank Advantage Plus Account and receive a bonus of $200 or rebate of 6-months from qualifying subscriptions like Spotify, Netflix and Hulu when you complete the following requirements:
- $100 for receiving a qualifying direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
- $100 for making a bill payment within 60 days of account opening
- The subscription bonus isn’t worth considering as it’s a maximum of $13.00 per month (total of $78 over six months)
The Fine Print
- To receive the above bonuses, the account must still be opened and the account must be in good standing at the time we are ready to credit the
funds. These cash bonuses will be reported to the IRS.
- The $100.00 cash credits are not available if the new account is funded with money already on deposit with Columbia Bank.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
$9 Monthly Fee
This is avoided with an average daily balance of $500 or if you’re under the age of 23.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be open at the time of bonus posting
Best bonus they have offered in the past has been $100 so this is significantly better than that. We don’t really know what will work for the direct deposit, but at least it looks like you can get $100 without the direct deposit and it’s a soft pull to open. Because of those factors this is going in our best checking promotions list.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications