Published on October 30th, 2016 | by William Charles8
New But Terrible Targeted Citi ThankYou Premier 50k Offer
- Reddit user WanderingWitch has reported receiving the following targeted offer for the Citi ThankYou Premier:
- We’ll match the points you earn up to 50,000 points after the first year of opening your account
- Annual fee of $95 waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x on travel
- 2x on dining and entertainment
- 1x on all other purchases
- Offer does not contain language about new Citi rule
You’d need to spend $50,00 on every day purchases, $25,000 on dining/entertainment, $16,667 on travel or a combination to get the full 50,000 point bonus. In the past this card has offered a straight 50,000 point or 40,000 point bonus so this offer is basically just trash. The one upside is that the new Citi rule isn’t mentioned on this offer, so it looks like targeted offers will be excluded.
You can learn more about Citi credit cards by reading this post. Let us know your thoughts on this offer in the comments.