Published on July 5th, 2017 | by William Charles28
[NE, IA, SD, MN] Northwest Bank $100 Checking & $50 Savings Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for checking & $50 for savings
- Availability: Nebraska (Cass, Dakota, Dodge, Douglas, Lancaster, Sarpy, Saunders, Washington), Iowa, South Dakota and Minnesota (Nobles & Jackson counties only) only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Two bill pays to two different billers or direct deposit of $250+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeited if closed within 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 28th, 2017
- Northwest Bank is offering two bonuses:
- $100 when you open a new checking account (Northwest Bank BaZing, Platinum, Compass Rewards or Private Banking) with internet banking and set up a direct deposit ($250 minimum must be processed within 45 days) or automatic payments (must establish two automatic deposits to two different payees within 45 days of account opening)
- $50 when you open a new savings account with a first deposit of $500 or more. Must be opened at the same time as checking bonus
The Fine Print
- . A one-time $100 cash deposit is available for new account holders who open a Northwest Bank BaZing, Platinum, Compass Rewards or Private Banking (where available) checking account with Direct Deposit (i.e. payroll, Social Security, pension) of $250 or more processed within 45 days of account opening; or establish two automatic payments to two different payees within 45 days of account opening.
- Enrollment in Northwest Bank’s Internet Banking at account opening is also required.
- New account holders must have not held a checking relationship with Northwest Bank within the last 6 months.
- An Early Account Closing Fee of $100 is specific to the Love at First Swipe Checking Account Promotion and will be applied to your account if closed within 90 days of account opening.
- A one-time $50 cash deposit is available for new accountholders who open a Northwest Bank savings account in conjunction with and at the same time as the Love at First Swipe Checking Account Promotion.
- $500 minimum opening balance.
- An Early Account Closing Fee of $50 is specific to the Love at First Swipe Savings Account Promotion and will be applied to your account if closed within 90 days of account opening. 1&2.
- All other account requirements must be met. $100/$50 will be deposited within 30 days once all account requirements have been met
- . Accounts must be opened on or before 7/28/2017. 3. Transaction fees apply. Member FDIC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free is BaZing checking, $7 monthly fee down to $6 with e-statements, and then each swipe of your debit card per month gets it down another $.20. You need to keep the accounts open for 90 days or you will forfeit the bonus.
Always good to see a bonus with no direct deposit requirement. It’s not 100% clear if you can open online or not as when you click the apply now button it just takes you through their regular application process. As always please share your data points in the comments below. I’ll be adding this to our best checking bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications