Published on June 20th, 2016 | by William Charles10
[Expired] MidFirst Bank $150 Checking Promotion [OK, Tulsa & Stillwater only]
Offer has expired, but there is a new offer that can be found here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Offer available in Tulsa and Stillwater area banking centers only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6-$12
- Early account termination fee: Bonus will be taken back if closed within 90 days of account opening
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open an M checking account from MidFirst bank and mention the promotional code Tulsa150-2015. You also must complete two out of the following three requirements to earn the $150 bonus within 75 days of account opening:
- Set up a $250 minimum monthly recurring direct deposit into new checking account
- Complete 10 check card purchases with your MidFirst Check Card. Multiple swipes for the same purchase do not qualify. ATM transactions are not eligible
- Open a new consumer savings or money market account. Savings and money market accounts may be opened with $100; however, to avoid the monthly maintenance fee, you must maintain the following average balance per statement cycle: $250 average balance to avoid the $2 fee on Performance Savings, $200 average balance to avoid the $2 fee on Company Club or Broncho Select Club Savings, $5,000 average balance to avoid the $10 fee on Titanium Money Market and $10,000 average balance to avoid the $15 fee on Premium Savings. iSave Kids Club and iS2 accounts are not eligible accounts for this offer
The Fine Print
- One new promotional account per household
- Minimum opening deposit of $100
- Bonus will be received within 90 days of account opening
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
M Checking $6 Monthly Fee
M Checking has a monthly fee of $6, this is waived if you have direct deposits totaling $250 or more per month or a minimum balance of $1,000.
M+ Checking $10 Monthly Fee
M+ Checking has a monthly fee of $10, this is waived if maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500
The easiest saving account to keep fee free is the Performance Savings, the iSave Savings Program does not qualify for this bonus.
The performance savings account comes with a monthly fee of $3 which is waived as long as you have a balance of $250 or more.
Pretty good bonus, monthly fees aren’t too hard to waive, shame about the small footprint on the offer though. They have offered bonuses of $100 and $200 in the past with the same requirements, so this is somewhere in the middle. I’d recommend people sign up for this offer if they live within the footprint. As it stands we haven’t added it to our recommend bonus page, but it has been added to our master list of all banking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Chris