Published on August 9th, 2016 | by William Charles2
[MI only] Preferred Credit Union $100 Visa Gift Card In Branch Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 Visa gift card
- Availability: Must open in branch, all locations are in Michigan [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $200 and make 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 in the form of a Visa gift card when you open a new checking account with Preferred Credit Union and complete the following requirements within 90 days:
- Make 10 debit card transactions
The Fine Print
- Restrictions and qualifications apply.
- Must be a new service to PCU.
- A new service is defined as someone who has not had that service with PCU in the last year.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Offer subject to change without notice.
- $125 will be paid out in the form of a Visa gift card.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees or minimums. You will be charged $15 per month if your account is dormant for 12+ months. According to the fee schedule you’ll also be charged a $25 early account termination fee if your account is closed within 90 days.
Unfortunately this is a hard pull to open, so it isn’t worth considering. You are better off going with a credit card that offers a high cash sign up bonus. Alternatively you can find a list of bank bonuses that we do recommend here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank