Published on July 7th, 2015 | by William Charles14
[MI & OH] Monroe Bank & Trust $350 Business Checking Bonus + $250 Per Referral (These Stack)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350 for new accounts and $250 for every account you refer
- Availability: Michigan and Ohio only, you need to open the account in branch. Branches in Bedford, Carleton, Dundee, Erie, Flat Rock, Ida, Lambertville, Milan, Northville, Petersburg, Plymouth, South Rockwood, Taylor, Temperance, Tecumseh, Trenton, and Wyandotte
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, otherwise bonus is forfeit
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Monroe Bank & Trust business checking account and you’ll receive $250 when you activate eStatement, online bill payment, and eBusiness Access, you’ll receive an additional $100 if you activate one of the following services:
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Merchant Services
- Visa Commercial Card
- Payroll Services
- Small Business Loan or Line of Credit
- Account on Analysis
To open an account you need to call 1-800-321-0032 or visit any MBT branch.
- If you’re an existing customer, you can also refer other businesses. You’ll receive $250 when they open a new business checking account and complete the requirements. They will also earn the above $350 bonus. To refer somebody you need to complete the following steps:
- Print this form and fill it out
- Give the form to the business you want to refer
- They’ll hand this form in when they sign up
Feel free to share your contact details (e-mail address) if you want to refer other readers to this offer.
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be deposited within 90 days after account opening ($100 bonus will be added within 90 days after activating the qualifying service)
- Bonuses are available to new MBT customers only (apart from the referral bonus)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Your best bet is to open the Basic Business Checking account, which has no monthly fees or minimums. There is no early account termination fee but you’re required to keep the account open for 90 days to receive the bonus in full.
This is a great bonus, but keep in mind you’ll need to go into one of the branches to complete your application, the bonus is even better if you’re able to find somebody to refer you that’ll split the bonus (which would make it almost $500 in value). The big problem is we don’t know whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open, it should just be a soft pull because it’s a business checking account but no guarantees. You should be able to find this out before you apply in branch.
If you have any experience with this bonus or want to share your referral information in the comments then please do so below. As always I’d recommend having a look at our best bonus page first and of course we’ve added this bonus to our complete listing of checking promos.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money