Published on September 5th, 2016 | by William Charles27
[Expired][MI only] Level One Bank $300 Checking Bonus
This bonus has unfortunately expired, you can view other great bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live in one of the following Michigan counties for online sign up: Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, and Monroe. Note according to this comment you might need to go in branch to complete your application.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $2, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Level One Bank checking account and receive a $300 bonus when you do the following:
- Use promotional code FallPromoOAO2016
- Set up direct deposit within 60 days (receive $200)
- Use your new debit card 15 times and make 2 online bill payments (receive another $100)
The Fine Print
- Fall Checking Offer is available to new Level One Bank clients that apply online to open an eligible personal checking account
- Offer is not available to existing Level One Bank clients or those whose accounts have been closed within 30 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Offer is not valid on accounts physically opened at a banking center location.
- Eligible personal checking accounts include: My Checking, My Interest Checking, My Value Checking and Level One @ School Checking.
- Advertisement must be presented at time of account opening or promo code must be entered at time of online application.
- Offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time
- To receive $200 bonus: Set-up direct deposit within 60 days of account opening. Direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After receiving your first direct deposit, Level One Bank will deposit $200 into your account 61 days after account opening.
- To receive additional $100 bonus: Use your debit card to complete at least 15 transactions and complete two bill payments through online banking, all within 60 days of account opening. ATM transactions cannot be used towards 15 debit card transactions. After criteria is met, Level One Bank will deposit an additional $100 into your account 61 days after account opening.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are four accounts that are eligible for this bonus, the easiest one to keep fee free is the My Checking account that has a $2 fee (waived with eStatements). Although it doesn’t earn $0.1 per debit card transaction or have any of the other benefits the other accounts have. I wasn’t able to see any early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Nice big bonus and it’s not too hard to meet the bonus requirements. This post will give you some easy ideas on how to meet the minimum debit card transaction requirement. We’re going to add this to our best bank bonus page, make sure you share any experiences and data points you have in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Taylor who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank