Published on April 29th, 2017 | by William Charles0
[IN, MI] 1st Source Bank $100 Giftcard Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 gift card
- Availability: IN, MI only, in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: Five debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2017December 31st, 2017
- Open a new eligible checking account with 1st Source Bank and receive a $100 Mastercard gift card when you meet the following requirements:
- Open with minimum deposit of $50
- Use your Resource Plus debit card five times
- Set up and maintain a monthly direct deposit of your paycheck, pension, social security or other government benefit of at least $250
The Fine Print
Requirements for gift card must be completed within 65 days of the account opening.
Your gift card will be mailed to you at your address of record within 60 days of all requirements being met.
We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Offer may not be combined with any other offer.
One offer per household.
Account is subject to approval.
E-student and HSA accounts, as well as accounts titled as Irrevocable Trusts, Estate or Non-individual are not eligible.
The $100 Mastercard® Gift Card will be treated as income earned and you may receive a 1099-MISC and be responsible for reporting this as income to the IRS.
Employees of 1st Source are not eligible.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The account required has no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
They seem to have a $200 bonus that is still valid as well, so signing up for that makes more sense then this offer. It would be nice if we knew if it was a hard/soft pull but unfortunately we don’t so won’t be adding either offer to our list of the best bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications