Published on December 15th, 2016 | by Chuck31
Merrill Edge Brokerage Bonus: Up To $1000 In Cash
Open a new Merrill Edge account and transfer between $20,00 and $200,000 in assets to get the following bonus tiers:
- Transfer $200,000 or more and get a $1,000 bonus (standard is $600)
- Transfer $100,000 or more and get a $500 bonus (standard is $250)
- Transfer $50,000 or more and get a $250 bonus (standard is $150)
- Transfer $20,000 or more and get a $100 bonus (this is the standard)
You must use offer code: LVEXPO16
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 12/31/16
- Must use offer code: LVEXPO16
- Account must be funded within 45 days
Must maintain your qualifying balance for at least 180 days
Cash bonus will reflect within one week after the 180-day qualifying period
- Offer is limited to one per account type (CMA or IRA); two total per accountholder (or per all accountholders of a joint account)
The standard Merrill Edge offer is to get between $100-$600; with this offer it’s $100-$1,000. As far as I can tell, it’s not targeted in any way, and should work for anyone. This offer has been around in the past as well.
There are lots of brokerage bonuses (though this one is from the best around, at least at the higher tiers), but another reason lots of us are interested in using Merrill Edge is due to their Preferred Rewards structure which can give you a regular 2.62% earnings on all spend using the Travel Rewards Credit card and other nice opportunities.
Note that the standard $600 bonus offer only requires holding the funds there for 90 days while this $1k offer requires 180 days. Obviously, no one is doing this bonus for the APY return so this detail probably won’t matter to most.
You can see more analysis of the Merrill Edge brokerage and their free trade offer here.
Please do you own research or ask your financial advisers before making such a move. It won’t be right for everyone, plus there are tax implications if not done properly.
Hat tip to reader Bill