Published on March 18th, 2016 | by William Charles8
[Expired][MD only] Montgomery County EFCU $100 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, but they have a new $100 offer.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Select employer groups and also those that reside in Chevy Chase Village, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Tacoma Park
- Direct deposit required: $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 6 months otherwise bonus is forfeit
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account from Montgomery County EFCU with direct deposit or other payroll or recurring deposit of at least $500.
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit must be $500 minimum per month and established within 60 days of the new account being opened
- Account must remain open for a minimum of 6 months. Otherwise, bonus must be returned to Credit Union
- Limited time offer, cannot be combined with any other offer and is subject to change at any time
- Limit 1 (one) bonus per new checking account per household opened through 4/30/16
- $100 Bonus will be deposited into checking account within 8 weeks after promotional period ends
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no monthly fee on this account, you do need to keep the account open for six months to avoid any early account termination fee.
Unfortunately this bonus requires a hard pull, because of that I can’t recommend it as you’d be better signing up for a credit card with a cash bonus instead. I’d recommend signing up for one of these checking promos instead.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank