Published on June 23rd, 2017 | by William Charles96
[LA, MS, FL] First Bank and Trust $300 Checking Bonus
Reposting and adding to our best bank bonus page now that it is confirmed soft pull.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: LA, MS, FL (select areas, when you click open account there is a drop down of valid zip codes). Seems like for FL you need to enter one of the select ZIP codes and then sign up as normal. YMMV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Open green checking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit + $25 fee
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- First bank and Trust is offering a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a green checking account
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500+ within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive a $300 Account Opening Bonus, you must establish qualifying Direct Deposits of at least $500 per monthly statement on your account within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying Direct Deposit are deposits from an electronic ACH paycheck, pension, or government benefit (like Social Security) from an employer or the government.
- Direct Deposits do not include deposits made by an individual such as via online banking, account transfers, or a payment provider such as Paypal.
- The $300 Bonus shall be paid through a credit to your account within 90 days if the Direct Deposit has been established and deposits have been made and verified.
- If your checking account is closed within six (6) months of account opening, a $25 early closure fee and the $300 Bonus will be deducted at account closing.
- Customers who have closed their account in the previous 90 days or with a negative balance are not eligible. Trust, fiduciary, and business accounts are not eligible for this account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within six months you will forfeit the $300 bonus and have to pay a $25 fee.
Green Checking Account $12 Monthly Fee
The monthly fee on this account is waived if you have a daily balance of $1,500+
Nice big bonus, that’s what I love to see! This is worth signing up for if you’re eligible in my opinion as it’s one of the bigger bonuses and it’s a soft pull. Added it to our best checking bonus page to reflect this.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications