Published on June 17th, 2017 | by William Charles10
[KS, MO] Mainstreet Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live or work in the greater Kansas City Metro area (following counties in Kansas & Missouri: Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Douglas, Franklin, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Platte, Ray, Wyandotte)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $505 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31, 2017
- Mainstreet Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $150 when you open a new checking account. The bonus is broken down as follows:
- $100-Open account with a recurring monthly electronic deposit $200 or more
- $20 – Complete 10 debit transactions within the first 90 days
- $10 – Enroll and use online/mobile banking
- $10 – Make a mobile deposit
- $10 – Sign up for e-statements
The Fine Print
- Receive up to $150 when you open a new Mainstreet Credit Union checking account.
- A minimum deposit may be required at opening.
- Existing checking accounts do not qualify for this offer, and members are limited to one new checking account per membership.
- Cash back up to $150 will be deposited into the member’s share savings account as an extraordinary dividend after 90 days from account opening.
- To receive the full cash back amount, the member must have a monthly deposit of at least $200 posted to the account, enroll and use Online/mobile banking, deposit a check using their mobile device, participate in e-statements, and complete 10 debit card transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Debit transactions exclude credits/refunds.
- Offer valid on new checking accounts opened through August 31, 2017.
- For the purpose of this promotion, a “month” is defined as 30 days and a “new checking account” is one that is opened under a membership number that has had no prior Mainstreet checking relationship.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking plus account that has no monthly fee attached to it. I found no mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Not worth considering due to the hard pull they do to open an account. It’s a bit annoying that there is a lot of small requirements and a direct deposit but none of them are that hard to meet. We won’t be adding it to our best bonus page due to the hard pull.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications