Published on March 19th, 2016 | by William Charles21
[Expired][MN & WI only] Ideal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
This deal has now expired, but there is a better offer for $100 + $100 in gift cards.
Reposting because Wisconsin residents can also apply.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Wisconsin or Minnesota residents can join via $5 donation, otherwise must live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $750+ monthly
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000, all credit cards accepted
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit if closed within 6 months
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 (also looks like you’ll get a free universal SENTRY charger, like $12 on Amazon) when you open a free checking account with Ideal credit union and complete the following requirements:
- Sign up for eStatements
- Have a recurring Direct Deposit ($750 or more monthly)
- Use your Ideal Enhanced Debit MasterCard® 10 times
The Fine Print
- Minimum $50.00 to open a personal checking account
- Checking account must remain open for a minimum of six months or the cash reward will be debited from the account during closing transaction
- Recurring monthly deposit of $750 or more per month, direct deposit of governmental or payroll checks into checking account and debit card transactions must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Debit card transactions posted to your account must be signature based to be eligible for the cash reward. We reserve the right to disqualify debit card and recurring deposit transactions in circumstances where we reasonably believe they were not made in good faith
- The cash reward will be automatically deposited 6 to 8 weeks after the conditions noted have been met
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The checking account has no monthly fees, you do need to keep it open for six months otherwise the bonus will be taken back.
Pretty good bonus when you couple it with the $2,000 in credit card funding, main problem is we don’t know how strict they are with the direct deposit requirement. If you have any experiences with them then please share in the comments below. In the mean time I’d recommend checking out these bonuses instead.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank