Published on May 20th, 2016 | by William Charles6
[FL only] Campus USA Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Membership is open to anyone in Alachua, Clay, Columbia, Gadsden, Jefferson, Lake, Leon, Madison, Marion, Sumter, Suwannee and Wakulla counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, 200+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15 if closed within one year
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a free checking account with Camp USA and receive a $100 sign up bonus when you complete the following:
- Must opt to receive eStatements
- Must receive a direct deposit of at least $200 within 90 days of opening
The Fine Print
- Credit approval and initial $50 deposit required
- $100 will be deposited into savings account and then on hold for 90 days
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $15 joining fee that is waived if you mention the ad. There is no monthly fee or minimum balance requirement for their checking account. According to their fee schedule there is also a $15 early account termination fee as well.
Bit annoying you need to keep the account open for a full year to avoid any early account termination fee. I’d do our recommend bank bonuses first. This would be an OK deal if it’s a soft pull and the direct deposit requirements are easy to meet, if not I’d give this one a miss.
If you do decide to sign up then please let me know any experiences you have with this credit union in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank