Published on June 21st, 2017 | by William Charles33
[D.C. or VA only] Interior Federal Credit Union Direct Deposit Bonus Of Up To $500 (5% Of Your Direct Deposit)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: Up to $500
- Availability: Seems anybody can join by becoming a free member of the New Mexico Wildlife Federation. Might still need to live in DC or VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, bonus is based on your direct deposit
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $750 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, 90 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2017 (direct deposit must be received by September 15th)
- Interior Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $500 when you set up a new direct deposit between July 1st and August 31st, 2017. The bonus you receive will be 5% of that first recurring direct deposit. For example if your direct deposit is $1,000 then you’d receive $50. You’d need a direct deposit of $10,000 to get the full $500 bonus.
The Fine Print
- Limited-time offer and subject to withdrawal or change at any time.
- Offer is only good for new recurring direct deposits.
- Retracted Cash reward amount is equal to 5% of the first automated deposit, up to $500 maximum award amount. An automatic direct deposit totaling at least $500 or must be received by September 15th to qualify for the cash reward.
- Direct deposits transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Business checking accounts are excluded from this offer.
- The cash reward will be deposited into your Interior FCU checking account by September 22 only if the new direct deposit has been received into your Interior FCU account by September 15
- . One offer per account.
- For information on dividend rates for Interior FCU checking accounts, please visit interiorfcu.org. Fees may reduce earnings. Valid savings account required to open a checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their checking account has no monthly fees to worry about. There is an early account termination fee of $10 if the account is closed within 90 days.
If you have a big qualifying direct deposit you can switch and if this is a soft pull to open then there is some really good value to be had here. That is a lot of IF’s though. If anybody goes for it, please share your experiences in the comments. I won’t be adding it to the best checking sign up promos until we know more.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications