Published on May 22nd, 2016 | by William Charles2
[CT only] American Eagle Financial Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, New Haven Counties all in Connecticut.
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 15 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, according to CSR.
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Expiration date: June 25th, 2016
- Open an American Eagle Financial Credit Union checking account online or in branch and receive a $100 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Use your Visa debit card (pin or signature) 15 times within the first 45 days
- Sign up for eStatements within the first 45 days
The Fine Print
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts opened between May 9, 2016 through June 25, 2016
- The member must not have an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union.
- Limit of one $100 payment per member.
- Please allow up to 60 days from your last debit card transaction to receive deposit into your share Savings account
- $5.00 Savings account required for AEFCU membership
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a fee of $15.
- This offer can be withdrawn any
time without notice
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening. The easiest account to keep fee free is their My Checking account.
This account does not have a monthly fee, but it does have a dormant fee and inactivity fee.
Dormant fee charged annually for a Checking account that has not had activity in one (1) year or more and has a balance less than $100.00. Inactivity fee charged monthly for Savings and Checking only, with combined balances of less than $100.00, no activity for 6 consecutive months, account holder is age 22 or older, and not a borrower on a loan. The account will be closed when it reaches $0.00 balance.
Basically just park $100 into the account to avoid both of these fees.
Nice deal because it’s easy to keep fee free and also no direct deposit required for the bonus and it’s only a soft pull. If I lived within the service area I’d jump on this deal. If anybody decides to do this bonus, let us know your experiences in the comments below. For now we haven’t added it to our list of the best bank bonuses, as I’d like somebody to sign up and confirm it’s a soft pull and if there is any credit card funding first.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank