Published on January 3rd, 2017 | by William Charles115
Citi AA 50k Mile No 24 Month Language Updates: Bonus In Mail & Getting Second Card
Currently there is an offer for 50,000 miles on the Citi American Airlines credit card. This is a standard offer, but what is different is the fact that this offer doesn’t include the language that prevents you from getting the bonus if you have opened or closed a Citi American Airlines personal card within the past 24 months (you can read more about this rule here).
There are two updates I’d like to give:
- People that applied when we first posted have reported receiving the offer details in the mail clearly stating the 50,000 mile bonus and making no mention of the 24 month restriction. This doesn’t guarantee you’ll get the bonus (this is Citi after all) but it does mean that you have clear physical evidence if they try to deny you for the bonus. This was first posted on /r/churning.
- Citi has strict application rules, they are as follows:
- You can only apply for one Citi personal card every 8 days
- You can apply for no more than two Citi personal cards every 65 days
- You can apply for one Citi business card every 95 days.
- Some people are also being limited to one Citi card every 60 days, but this doesn’t seem to be a hard rule
This means that some of you will be eligible to get another American Airline card with the 50,000 mile bonus (using the same link) again. When you’re eligible will depend on when you applied, make sure to leave 8 days between applications. As always if you have any questions about Citi credit cards, please read this first. If you have questions about this specific deal, read our post (and the comments) here.