Published on August 29th, 2016 | by William Charles20
[Expired][AL, FL, GA, SC & TN] Synovus Bank $200 Checking Account Bonus
Deal has now expired, you can view new deals by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: AL, FL, GA, SC & TN only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+
- Additional requirements: 15 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $10, waive able
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2016
Synovus trades under a bunch of different names in different locations. To find the closest branch to you click this link then scroll down and enter your ZIP code. ‘.
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open any checking account with Synovus and complete the following requirements:
- Complete their form or apply in branch
- Open any new checking account with at least $100
- Set up a recurring direct deposit of $1,000 or more
- Make 15 Visa Check card transactions (signature or PIN – ATM transactions do not qualify towards the 15 transactions)
The Fine Print
- This offer is available only to new personal checking account customers.
- Only one offer is available per address.
- You must open and fund a new checking account by September 30, 2016 with a minimum of $100 (not including the bonus). Within 60 days of opening and funding your account, you must complete 15 check card purchase transactions (signature or PIN transactions only – ATM transactions do not count towards the 15 transactions), with all 15 purchase transactions posting successfully to your account; establish and post to your account qualifying direct deposits totalling at least $1,000. Note that a qualifying direct deposit is an electronic deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income by your employer or another agency. Transfers from one account to another and deposits made at a branch or ATM are not considered direct deposits.
- If earned, incentive payouts will be posted on October 17, November 15 or December 21, 2016 and will be in the form of a credit to the new checking account reflected on your statement as “checking incentive.”
- You are responsible for any tax due on any amount received which is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer is non-transferrable (reader saw this on a Google ad, so I doubt it’s actually targeted), may not be combined with other offers, and does not apply if you are already an owner of a personal checking account (primary or secondary) with a division of Synovus Bank. Checking accounts must be in good standing at the time of incentive payout.
The easiest way to keep this account fee (unless you’re a student or part of the military) is to open an access or gold checking account. Both accounts come with a $10 monthly fee that is waived if you do either of the following:
- Have an average daily balance of $1,000 or more
- Have direct deposits of $500 or more each month
They have offered $200 in the past but the account had to be kept open for much longer. This is a pretty good bonus, downside is that it requires both a direct deposit and debit card transactions. If you decide to sign up, let us know about bank account funding. You can view a full list of the best bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Big thanks to reader, Patrick S who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank