Published on July 26th, 2016 | by William Charles9
$200 PNC Business Checking Bonus (+$100 For Business Credit Card) [AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and District of Columbia Only]
Update: Merchant processing has a 3 year commitment of $16 per month according to this comment.
Offer is back for 2016.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 with checking + merchant services, additional $100 with credit card
- Availability: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and District of Columbia
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Open a merchant services account and activate by processing at least $20
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Personal account can be funded with up to $2,000 with Visa or Mastercard, unsure on business account
- Monthly fees: $12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open until the bonus posts
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2015 September 30th, 2016March 31st, 2017
- Open a business checking account and merchant services account with PNC and receive a $200 bonus. Open a business credit card and receive an additional $100. You must also process at least $20 through the merchant services account
The Fine Print
- Requirements must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- The cash bonus will be credited to your new PNC Bank business checking account within 90 days of the date of meeting account opening and activation requirements
- Any credit, if earned, will be forfeited if the account is closed before the credit is awarded
- Existing PNC banking customers and customers establishing merchant services accounts with an initial term of less than one year are not eligible for this offer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no early account termination fee, but you must kept the account open until the bonus posts. There is a $12 monthly maintenance fee on their most basic business checking account which is waived for the first three months, after that it is waived if you have a balance of $1,500 or greater.
PNC are also offering a consumer checking bonus of $300, that is not bad but not as good as the $400 bonus they sometimes have. I wouldn’t bother with this business bonus as it requires merchant services and also requires you to put $20 through it to activate the bonus, the trouble of setting that up isn’t worth the $200. You can find a full list of all the business checking bonuses we do recommend here.
Big thanks to reader, Steve who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank