Published on April 19th, 2016 | by Chuck2
[Expired] $100 Wells Fargo Checking Bonus – Select Areas Only
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Colorado Springs, CO; Fargo-Valley City, ND; Fresno-Visalia, CA; Greensboro and Greenville, NC; Greenville, SC; Harrisburg, PA; Idaho Falls, ID; Jacksonville, FL; Norfolk, VA; Sacramento, CA; Spokane, WA In-branch only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None – in branch only
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration Date: May 4, 2016
Receive a $100 sign up bonus when you open a Wells Fargo checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a new consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $50
- Make 10 debit card purchases and/or payments within 60-days with the Wells Fargo debit card
You need to give in your email to get an offer code, and bring the code to a Wells Fargo branch; this offer is in-branch only.
It’s also only available in the following select cities: Colorado Springs, CO; Fargo-Valley City, ND; Fresno-Visalia, CA; Greensboro and Greenville, NC; Greenville, SC; Harrisburg, PA; Idaho Falls, ID; Jacksonville, FL; Norfolk, VA; Sacramento, CA; Spokane, WA.
It might be possible to open an account in one of those cities even if you don’t live there, e.g. if you work there or if you live in a neighboring city.
The Fine Print
- Valid until May 4, 2016
- Offer can not be paid without providing a valid U.S. (W-9) taxpayer ID
- Only available to new consumer checking customers, not to existing customers including joint owners
- Not valid for checking customers who have received any cash or cash-equivalent bonus through Wells Fargo consumer deposits in the past 12 months
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Bonus will be deposited into the checking account within 45 days after qualifications are met
All consumer checking accounts (except Teen Checking) are eligible for the $100 bonus. The best option is to open the Everyday Checking account which comes with a $10 monthly fee.
Get the monthly fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
Early Account Termination Fee
We often see $100 Wells Fargo bonuses pop up, and the main reason that people are interested in the Wells Fargo checking accounts is to be able to then apply for a Wells Fargo credit card. Wells Fargo usually wants you to have a deposit account relationship with them before approving you for one of their credit cards. They have three cards most people are interested in:
- Wells Fargo Propel World: $400+ sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Propel 365: $200 sign up bonus
- Wells Fargo Cashback Card: 5% cash back at select categories for six months
This bonus is a very easy one since it doesn’t need a direct deposit and the 10-transaction threshold should be easy enough to meet (I imagine buying ten $.50 Amazon gift cards would work). The downsides are the geographic limitation and the fact that you have to go in-branch to open the account.
It’s worth noting some rumors that one of Wells Fargo’s credit cards won’t be around for much longer, so some may want to try opening a checking account now and getting in on that.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank